Faun by Joe Hill - Deluxe State
This is a preorder with an expected ship date of November 2023. Limit one copy per household. Copies with rights are available.
Our signed, limited edition of Faun by Joe Hill is published in four states: Standard, Deluxe, Lettered and Roman Numeral.
Every copy is signed by Joe Hill and Francois Vaillancourt
In Faun, Joe Hill displays his mastery of the short form in a dark fantasy novella about a group of wealthy hunters whose members seek the thrill of hunting exotic animals.
During an expedition, one of the hunters mentions the existence of an even more exclusive hunting area, accessed through a little door in Maine. To see what lies on the other side, just speak with the ominous-sounding Mr. Charn. Oh, and bring your checkbook.
The story raises questions about the ethics of hunting, the repercussions of exploiting the natural world, and the consequences of human greed, masterfully interwoven in a tale that highlights Hill’s boundless imagination and leaves us wanting for more.
Joe Hill is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman, Heart-Shaped Box, and Strange Weather. He is also the co-creator of the Eisner Award-winning comic Locke & Key.
- Limited to 200 numbered copies
- Hand bound by Ludlow Bookbinders in a millimeter-inspired binding. The case is covered in custom marbled paper from Paperwilds, only used in this state of Faun, reminiscent of the stony hill upon which the doorway to Palinode opens. Leather is exposed in the high-wear areas along the spine and foredges, with extra space allowed for the foil stamping of the title in gold.
- Printed letterpress on Liber Charta 145 gsm paper by Nomad Letterpress. Liber Charta is a new mouldmade paper developed by John Purcell Paper. It exemplifies the best qualities of the now-discontinued Zerkall paper and has quickly become the top choice for printers and wood engravers alike. The title page is printed in two colours.
- The endpapers are Japanese Takeo Tant Select, embossed with a delicate linen texture on both sides, and the top edge is gilded.
The book is housed in a custom slipcase wrapped in textured FancyLinen fabric with the top and bottom caps in leather. The inside is lined in suedel.
- Trim size of 170mm by 240mm (6.7in by 9.5in).
- 50 pages plus front and back matter plus 12 full colour illustrations (including one double page spread).
- 3 pen and ink drawings printed letterpress.