Faun by Joe Hill - Lettered State
This is a preorder with an expected ship date of February 2024. Limit one copy per household. Please only pre-order a copy if you purchased a Lettered copy of Peter Pan.
Our signed, limited edition of Faun by Joe Hill is published in four states: Standard, Deluxe, Lettered and Roman Numeral.
Every copy is signed by Joe Hill and Francois Vaillancourt
In Faun, Joe Hill displays his mastery of the short form in a dark fantasy novella about a group of wealthy hunters whose members seek the thrill of hunting exotic animals.
During an expedition, one of the hunters mentions the existence of an even more exclusive hunting area, accessed through a little door in Maine. To see what lies on the other side, just speak with the ominous-sounding Mr. Charn. Oh, and bring your checkbook.
The story raises questions about the ethics of hunting, the repercussions of exploiting the natural world, and the consequences of human greed, masterfully interwoven in a tale that highlights Hill’s boundless imagination and leaves us wanting for more.
Joe Hill is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman, Heart-Shaped Box, and Strange Weather. He is also the co-creator of the Eisner Award-winning comic Locke & Key.
- Limited to 26 numbered copies
- Hand bound by Ludlow Bookbinders in the finest Harmattan leather.
- Over 25 pieces of genuine mica stone veneer have been laser cut to precision and carefully assembled as onlays to the front and back boards. Together, they form a perfectly “fossilized” faun skull, complete with majestic horns. The raised, sharp edges of the stone against the sumptuous leather are a reminder that Palinode’s creatures can be as breathtakingly beautiful as they are perilous.
- The book is printed letterpress on specially commissioned paper handmade by Gangolf Ulbricht in Germany, one of the most talented and highly-respected paper makers in the world.
- Each copy will include a remarque by Francois.
Svetlana Molodchenko, who is contributing original artwork to each copy of the Roman Numeral state, has drawn two decorative drop caps, which will be printed in a blood-red colour, as will the title on the title page.
- The endpapers are custom marbled paper from Paperwilds, different from both the Deluxe and the Roman Numeral, and the top edge is gilded.
- The book is protected by a chemise wrapped in Halblinen cotton bookcloth with extensive stamping in brown foil, creating a perfect outline of the faun fossil found on the boards of the book.
- The book and chemise are housed in a custom-made solander box wrapped in Halblinen with brown Colorado cloth along the top, bottom and foredge. The spine features a Harmatan leather label foil-stamped in gold with the title and author’s name. The inside is lined with suedel and a strip of the marbled paper used as endpapers for the book.
- Trim size of 240mm by 340mm (9.5in by 13.4in).
- 50 pages plus front and back matter plus 12 full colour illustrations (including one double page spread).
- 3 pen and ink drawings printed letterpress, redrawn from scratch to add additional detail compared to the Standard and Deluxe.